Your thermostat is vital to your home comfort. This is the control center for your air conditioner in the same way that your steering wheel gives you a way to control your car. Without this control center, you won’t be able to get anything done!
You don’t just need any thermostat though. You need a thermostat that works effectively in order to provide quality comfort to your home. If you have a thermostat in your home, then you may want to start considering whether or not it is time for an upgrade.
Here’s how you can determine if you would benefit from upgrading your thermostat in Dublin, GA.
How a Bad Thermostat Hinders Your Home Comfort
You may be able to set the temperature on your thermostat, but if this appliance doesn’t work well, then you should consider switching to a better type. There are several negative effects that a faulty thermostat can create. These include:
- Poor comfort control: A faulty thermostat is unable to detect the temperature properly, which can often leave you feeling too hot.
- Increased energy bills: A bad thermostat can lead your HVAC system to short cycle or work harder than it needs to.
- Increased HVAC system problems: When your thermostat can’t provide good temperature detection, it can cause added strain on your air conditioner, leading to increased repair needs and even a shortened system lifespan.
Warning Signs That You Need a New Thermostat
So you now know what can happen when your thermostat goes bad. But how can you figure out that your thermostat is the source of your trouble, rather than the air conditioner itself? Watch for these warning signs to start:
- Your thermostat has a long delay when you try to set it
- The thermostat is nearly unresponsive
- You hear the system clicking repeatedly
- The thermostat changes the temperature setting on its own
It can be hard to figure out whether or not your thermostat is malfunctioning until it stops responding to you or completely loses the ability to detect temperature. The best way to assess your thermostat is to have a professional technician check things out. This way you can have a full understanding of whether or not you need a thermostat repair or a replacement.
If You Replace Your AC or Heater, Upgrade Your Thermostat
One great rule of thumb to remember is that you should upgrade your thermostat whenever you need to upgrade your air conditioner or heater. You don’t want to try to pair an outdated thermostat with a top-of-the-line AC unit. This can undermine the system’s effectiveness and energy efficiency.
Of course, the best way to figure out if you should upgrade your thermostat is simply if you want to. Thankfully, thermostats are affordable, and switching to a Wi-Fi or smart thermostat can help to improve your comfort, home energy efficiency, and the ease of use of your HVAC system.
Whether you need to have your thermostat checked out or you know you need a new thermostat, you can contact Premier Heating & Air. Experience the Premier Difference!