Summer is coming up fast. Are you prepared? We aren’t really asking if you have your bathing suit and sunscreen at the ready. Right now, what we are really asking is if your air conditioner is going to be able to keep your home comfortable for when you return from your pool day.
If you’ve started to notice something seems off with your AC unit, it may mean you need to schedule repairs with a professional technician. The sooner you get your system checked and fixed, the cooler your summer will be.
Let’s explore what might be going wrong with your system so you know if you need to contact us for AC repairs in Perry, GA.
6 Signs Your AC May Have a Problem
Regular use is going to wear down your air conditioner over time. While a lot of this wear and tear can be reduced with regular maintenance, your system will still encounter repair needs every once in a while. Here are some signs that your system has an issue that needs to be addressed.
- Strange noises: The most noise you should hear from your AC is the whoosh of cool air from the vents. If instead, you are hearing concerning sounds like rattling, clanging, screeching, or hissing, it is a good idea to contact a technician to check things out.
- Weak airflow: You turn on your AC and you can feel cold air exiting your vents, but only barely. This is bad because weak airflow won’t do much to affect your comfort, causing your system to run for a longer period of time. Check to make sure your vents are open and clear and your AC filter isn’t clogged. Beyond this, you’ll need help from a pro to address the issue.
- Warm air: Maybe your airflow is strong but the temperature isn’t helping at all. Warm air is the opposite of what your air conditioner should provide, so make sure to schedule a repair soon.
- No response: You turn on your AC but nothing happens. It’s not hard to figure out that something is wrong. Whether it is a disconnect between your AC and the thermostat or something more severe, you’ll need a pro to get things working.
- Icy build-up: You shouldn’t ever see ice in or on your air conditioner. If you do, this isn’t a sign your system is just doing a really good job. It is actually an indicator that something is wrong. You’ll need to turn your AC off and reach out for repairs ASAP.
If something is wrong with your air conditioner, the sooner you get it fixed, the better off you’ll be come summer. Reach out to our team for the professional repairs you need to stay cool. Our technicians are ready to assess the main issue your system is dealing with and get it repaired in short order. We will always provide service that has your time and comfort in mind.
Experience the Premier Difference. Contact Premier Heating & Air today to schedule repairs for your air conditioner.