The heating season is just about over here in Georgia and you have a good idea of how your heater performed over the winter. How would you rate it on a scale of one to ten? If your heater didn’t mak e the grade this winter, perhaps it’s time to consider heating installation in Warner Robins, GA.
You might be thinking that with our temperate winters, having a heating system that works amazingly isn’t that necessary. What if we told you there’s a way you could replace your outdated heater with a two-in-one system that’ll heat your home well in the winter and handle your air conditioning needs for the rest of the year? That’s literally cool, right?
A ductless mini split could be the home comfort system you didn’t know you needed. Read on to learn more about why these systems are gaining in popularity among homeowners who’re looking to solve multiple home comfort issues with these versatile, mini wonders.
What Is a Ductless Mini Split?
A ductless mini split is a type of heat pump. Unlike other types of heat pumps, the aptly named ductless system doesn’t require ducts. Instead, they consist of multiple air handlers and a single outdoor unit with refrigerant and condensate conduits. This allows the ductless system to keep you comfortable while also providing amazing flexibility and customization.
Do you have one person in your household who always runs hotter or colder than everyone else? Because there’s an air handler in each room, that person can raise or lower the temperature in their bedroom without raising or lowering the temperature in the entire house.
Do you work from home and hate having to heat or cool the entire house when you’re primarily in one room Monday through Friday from 9 to 5? You can adjust the temperature for just that one room while you’re working. That’s the genius of the mini split system. The power is in your hands to make it work for the particular needs of your household.
Let’s go over some other advantages of these systems besides the flexibility they offer.
- They use less energy: Mini splits are eco-friendly energy savers. The average ductless system can save 30-40% of the average energy spent on keeping your home comfortable. Saving energy is a great reason to upgrade to a ductless unit.
- They’ll save you money: When you use less energy, you automatically reduce your energy bills. You’ll also save by replacing two systems at once.
- It replaces your heater and your AC: If you know your air conditioner is due for an upgrade, you’ll kill two birds with one stone by upgrading to a mini split. These remarkable systems both heat and cool your home with the flip of a switch.
- Your ductwork isn’t the greatest: Is your home older? Have you had issues with the ductwork before? Do you suffer from allergies or respiratory issues? Take your ducts out of the equation by upgrading to a mini split.
- You want to save space. You can reclaim some square footage in your home when you go with a ductless mini split.
Ask one of our technicians if a ductless mini split is the right fit for your home.
Schedule an appointment with Premier Heating & Air and Experience the Premier Difference.