Just a couple more months until we are able to enjoy warm weather again. Many of us are already looking forward to the reprieve of summer temperatures. But until then, we need to be able to rely on our heaters. Can you trust yours to get you through the rest of the chilly weather?
If you’re unsure about whether your heater is up to the task, it may be worth it to reach out to a professional. We can tell you if your heater needs a heating replacement in Dublin, GA or if your system may be able to get by with a repair.
When Your Heater Needs to Be Replaced
Let’s start here so you know what the major signs are that a replacement is a better investment of your time and money.
- The system is close to 15 years old or more. Age is an important number to remember when it comes to your heater. Most heaters have a serviceable lifespan of up to 15 years. Beyond this, even if they are still functioning, they are going to need more repairs and are likely to cost more money to run. A system that is close to 15 years old or older is one that you should plan to replace soon.
- The heater needs frequent repairs. Repairs are an inevitable need for your heater. But this doesn’t mean that your repair needs should be frequent. Needing to repair your heater on a yearly basis or even more frequently than that is a sign that your system needs to be replaced.
- Repairs are expensive. If the cost of your recent repair is equal to half or more of the price of a new system, then your money is better spent on a new heater.
- There is no heat. You’ve gotten maintenance regularly and had repairs when you noticed that they were needed. However, your heater still isn’t heating your home. If this is a familiar situation to you, then we urge you to schedule an upgrade. What you have in your house is an overly expensive fan.
When Your Heater Should Be Fixable
Not every issue spells doom for your heater. Here are some of the warning signs of trouble your heater may exhibit that should be fixable with expert assistance.
- Odd Sounds. Rattling, screeching, booming, and hissing are all sounds that should prompt a call for repairs ASAP. In most cases, these noises indicate a fixable issue.
- Uneven Heating. This may be a sign of trouble with air getting in and out of your system or it may indicate a problem in your ducts. In most cases, this problem is fixable.
- High Energy Bills. Your heater may start to use more energy if and when it develops a repair need. If your heating bills have gone up despite there being no change in your system use, it is worth a call to a professional repair technician.
At the end of the day, it may still be hard to determine whether you need repairs or whether you should prepare for a system replacement. This is one of the many things our technicians can help you with.
Experience the Premier Difference when you schedule your heater replacement or repairs with Premier Heating & Air.