You deserve a home that offers you the best in comfort. Your home should be a haven when the weather outside becomes uncomfortable. You have a powerful AC unit and a reliable heater to help make this a reality. But there is one part of your set-up that can ruin your comfort even with the right AC or heater: your thermostat.
The thermostat controls the operation of your HVAC systems. It’s the control center. This means that if something goes wrong with it, then the performance of your AC and heater will be affected and, by default, so will your comfort.
A faulty thermostat can ruin your comfort. But, this means that upgrading the thermostat can take your comfort to the next level. Here is how to tell it is time to switch.
5 Indicators Your Thermostat Is Out-of-Date
How do you know you could use a thermostat upgrade? It usually isn’t as obvious as when your AC or heater gives out! That’s why we’re here to help. Check out these warning signs that will let you know you should consider upgrading your thermostat.
- Your thermostat is older than both your AC and heater. Have you replaced your air conditioner or heater in the past few years but not your thermostat? If so, you should consider an upgrade soon. A thermostat should be upgraded with any HVAC system upgrade you get.
- The system is 10+ years old. Maybe you aren’t sure when either of your systems was last replaced. That is okay. Just focus on how long your thermostat has been around. If you have a thermostat that is 10 years old or more, this is also a sign that an upgrade is a good idea.
- The response from your thermostat is delayed. How well does your thermostat respond when you try to use it? Do you get an immediate response or is there a delay of a few seconds, or even a full minute, before you get any kind of response? If you are noticing a delay in the response time from your thermostat, then it is a sign that the system may be getting ready to retire.
- Your energy bills seem to be increasing. You know that your air conditioner and heater are in good condition and should not be driving up your energy bills unnecessarily. If you were still seeing higher monthly dues than usual, then the culprit may be a bad thermostat.
- The thermostat can’t read the temperature correctly. Check on how accurate your thermostat is when detecting the temperature in the house. If you’re noticing a discrepancy of a few degrees, then you have a problem. This could be a repairable issue or it could be a sign that you need to upgrade the thermostat.
If you’re looking to upgrade or repair your thermostat, work with a professional HVAC contractor in Dublin to get the job done right. A pro knows the ins and outs of the systems available today and can pair you with the best thermostat for your needs.
When you need help from an expert technician, come to the professionals at Premier Heating & Air. We’ve proudly served homes in and around the Dublin area for over 15 years.