More and more consumers are becoming concerned about energy usage. Not only does energy usage affect the planet, but it also directly impacts your wallet. As homeowners, the choices you make about your home’s appliances and HVAC systems influence how much you pay for utilities.
Many homeowners would like to know how to determine exactly how energy-efficient their homes are but don’t know if something like that is possible, let alone where to start. That’s why we perform home energy audits in Vidalia, GA. This amazing service determines how much energy your household actually uses, where energy losses are occurring, and what problem areas should be prioritized to ensure optimal efficiency.
Keep reading about a home energy audit and how it can pay for itself through increased energy efficiency in your home.
What’s Checked During a Home Energy Audit?
Although this list is by no means exhaustive, here are some of the things a reputable contractor will check.
- How well-maintained your HVAC systems are
- The peak usage hours for systems around your home
- Any areas that allow for air leakages, small or large
- The amount and quality of insulation
What’s Recommended After a Home Energy Audit?
Based on the findings, the contractor will make recommendations meant to increase your home’s efficiency. They’ll provide various options along with a priority list. They should also provide estimates for their recommended services such as:
- Duct repair, sealing, or replacement to maximize the amount of conditioned air reaching the rooms of your home while keeping pollutants out of the air to increase your home’s indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Insulation replacement or installation to ensure that your home has sufficient insulation for both the heating and cooling seasons
- HVAC system service and maintenance to ensure it’s performing as efficiently as possible and not causing unnecessarily high heating or cooling bills.
- Air filtration to rid your home of excessive dust and other particles that can irritate allergy and asthma symptoms.
What Are the Benefits of Home Energy Audits?
- Increased indoor air quality
- Improved home comfort
- A better understanding of your home’s energy usage and how to save energy
- Decreased utility bills
- Increased lifespan of your home’s major systems
- Reduction in the amount of repairs
- Increased resale value of your home
Can I Perform a Home Energy Audit Myself?
You could, but you really won’t get the type of results that a professional will get. It takes an experienced HVAC contractor to conduct a thorough analysis. That’s because only a professional technician will have the appropriate tools to perform an energy audit that will offer correct information. If you receive incorrect readings from your energy audit, it could lead to decisions that cost you extra time and money.
Whether you need to reassess the load calculation for your HVAC system, or get rid of the last of your air leaks, you can rely on our team to get the job done as efficiently as your home should be.
Contact Premier Heating & Air to schedule a home energy audit and Experience the Premier Difference.